Not stopping at Breakpoints in Debug mode
The solution and the projects within it are set for Debug; I deleted the .suo file as recommended in one posting. I ran rebuild on each and every project individually and the entire solution.
I deleted the files in bin\Debug and did the whole thing over again. Still can't debug.
While stepping into (F8) I did get the hollow debug symbol in the margin and when just running the program (F5) the program starts up without stopping at any of several breaks in different functions and subs.
Thank you for taking the time to report an issue.
What's wrong... Please write below.
I also got the following message when I run the project.
The following module was built with optimizations enabled or without debug information:
To debug this module, change its project build configuration to debug mode. To suppress this message, disable the "Warn inf no user code on launch" debugger option
When I debug a VB project and an error is encountered a message is sent to the immediate window, but execution is not halted. This means I am unable to look at variables etc.
It's probably just an option I've missed.
After returning to design mode and scrolling to the top of the form and running debug, the menu returned. Is this a bug in the IDE or what?
Configuration is set to debug.
Installer project is set to DEBUG. VS IDE is set to debug.
I do a clean build and clean install of the DEBUG version. I run x64\msvsmon.exe on remote machine (W2008 R2 64bit). I attach to the process via workstation (XP PRO 32bit) in VS2010 without issue. Everything is set to debug but I get the infamous message breakpoint will not currently be hit,
This is my first time doing 64bit so I never had to worry about it before. Is there something I need to do in the IDE that I don't know about? I went to Project Properties and set things to 64bit debug. But when I compile the program, it makes a 32bit program.
Thus, can you tell me when I can do to debug this VB.net 2008 program that is executed from the command line? I know what to do is have the solution (ide) open, set breakpoints, set theproject as the startup file, and run the debugger.
When I try to debug this .cls modules, the control is not going to the particular code line. the properties of my project is alright.
Run-time error "2001":
You cancelled the previous operation.
At that point I click on debug and the Date field DLookup line is highlighted. Here are a couple of lines of relevant code - the second is the Date field DLookup I am referring to
sComp = DLookup("[tcode]", "costs", "[rank]=" & iRank)
dDate = DLookup("[date]", "costs", "[tcode]=" & sComp)
I've checked various other values while in debug mode, and they all look fine.
Me.frmJobSub.Form.Filter = "custID=" & customerID
customerID stores the value “1”,
I am expecting the result to be:
Me.frmJobSub.Form.Filter = “custID=” 1
Strangely when I hover over the filter parameter I got:
Me.frmJobSub.Form.Filter = "[custID]= 20”,
Moreover, in the form side, the code is behaving correctly and filters record “custID=” 1
By the way, the "[custID]= 20” is an old code, written between brackets [custID]. I tried to compact and repair the database, delete the on_load event and recreate it again but with no progress.