How to change http:// to mailto: in hyperlink
I was trying to fix the problem of the hyperlink issue, changing it from http:// to mailto: if you want to send email by outlook do the following:
1. Temporarily change the datatype of your field to TEXT
2. Run the following update statement (changing the table name and field
UPDATE HyperLinks SET HyperLinks.EmailAddress = "#Mailto:" &
3. Change the datatype of y our field back to Hyperlink.
I did it and worked
Thank you for taking the time to report an issue.
What's wrong... Please write below.
I have a form that is used to input records. One of the fields of the records is Permit #, which is a text field. Another field is Query Link field which is a hyperlink address that goes to a web based database.
What I want to happen is the hyperlink be automatically created in the AfterUpdate method of the Permit # field.
Right now, this is my general approach.
Get permit number from form.
Create hyperlink address from permit number (e.g. http://blah.blah.blah.blah.asp?Q=" & permitNumber)
set form field value to hyperlink (e.g. Me.QueryLink.Value = hyperlink)
This will change the "value" to the hyperlink but will not set the hyperlink address to the hyperlink so nothing happens when you click on it.
Any suggestions on how to set the HyperlinkAddress of the field
when I switched it my email addresses changed from regular to:
[email protected]#mailto:[email protected]#
I have 18000 records.i need to find and delete everything between the #'s.
The address is not a hyperlink but I wish to make it so. Is there some way to do that without modifying each record?
When I try to click on it, I get the error "Unable to open http://www.google.com. No program is registered to open this file." Am I required to reference hyperlinks in a table? Is this a memory problem on my machine?
I was wondering how would access know to use Internet Explorer as the browser?
This works fine for standard mail merge (letters, envelopes, labels) I have been asked by the charity I created it for to also use it for mailmerging into emails. The data in the temporary table contains an email address (as a hyperlink) and when that hyperlink is clicked it opens up the default client as expected.
In the mail merge process, at the end stage when the emails are sent to Outlook it fails because what is sent as the address is (for an actual address of [LINK]) [@email]#mailto:[@email]# which Outlook does not recognise. Iwould have expected the address sent only to be like mailto:[@email]#
Lesson 1 playImage.Hyperlinkaddress = http:/lesson1.avi
Lesson 2 playImage.Hyperlinkaddress = http:/lesson2.avi
Lesson 3 playImage.Hyperlinkaddress = http:/lesson3.avi
My table is set up as follows
Lesson 1 http:/lesson1.avi
Lesson 2 http:/lesson1.avi
Lesson 3 http:/lesson1.avi
Write("" & RecordSet.Fields("webadd") & "")
Nothing shows up from the database with this. The data in the database is text.