Error message refers to a form that does not exist
The original table name was changed and a new form designed that functions fine. I can find no trace of the form mentioned in the error message. I thought I had deleted any old forms when I made the change. This table is linked to another database and the error form is not located there either.
The macro referred to does not show up anywhere that I can find.
After I acknowledge the error message the database works fine.
Thank you for taking the time to report an issue.
What's wrong... Please write below.
Error 2467 "The Expression You Entered Refers to an object that is closed or Doesn't Exist"
The exact error message is:
The record source '~sq_CTrainedEmployees subform~sq_cEmployeeInfoID' specified on this form or report does not exist.
The name of the recordsource may be misspelled, the recordsource was deleted or renamed, or the recordsource exists in a different database.
I am unsure of where it's pulling this ~sq_cTrainedEmployees subform~sq_cEmployeeInfoID string from. The recordsource for the form is not set as such yet this is the error that I get. EmployeeInfoID is also a valid field on the linked table.
This happens after adding a combobox to the form. I have quadruple verified that my row source query string is correct.
I figure I am overlooking something somewhere that's throwing up this message
The form name 'IssueList' is misspelled or refers to a form that doesn't exist.
If the invalid name is in a macro, an Action failed dialog box will display the name and the macro's arguments after you click OK.
I have opened everything and searched within the properties for anything with the name IssueList or a macro referencing it. I can't find it. Am I missing another place to lo
"The form name "Switchboard" is misspelled or refers to a form that doesn't exist. If the invalid form name is in a Macro, an action failed dialog box will display the macro name and the macro's arguments after you click ok. Open the Macro window, and enter the correct name."
I have deleted the AutoExec and recreated it to open the MainMenu_frm that I am now working with.
Any help in getting rid of this error message is greatly appreciated.
It is not a macro or the macro name would be displayed (or so I read) and the report exists and in fact works if I run it directly, outside of the form.
In Access 2007, database would import existing data only. It didn't give me a message if Form A or any other form wouldn't exist in the specified location.
What can I do to make the macro behave similar to what it was doing in previous version
Therein, the errant field name is parsed from the error text and a popup form gives the user options on how to proceed.
It used to work when it was first implemented and eventually it stopped working. In practice, Access does trigger an error message despite the use of 'On Error Goto blah', and the error raised is 3127 (Reserved error), so even though execution passes to the error handlersection, the ability to get the field name from the error text is lost because the error text is not what it's suppose to be.
The form name 'Attendees" is misspelled or refers to a form that doesn't exist
If the invalid name is in a macro, an Action Failed dialog box will display the macro name and the macros arguments after you click ok. Open the macro window, and enter the correct form name.
How can I find where this is coming from. I have checked all macro files and there does not seem to be any "Attendees" stated anywhere
At present I have got this to work by linking a query (and its form) to the textboxes in search form and using the open form Macro on the button located on a search form. However, if I enter the details of a person who does not already exist in the person details table, the form still appears but without a related record.
What I would like is an error message to appear telling the user that they have entered their search details incorrectly instead of bring up a blank form
I have an unbound form with 8 subforms, all of the subforms "Record Source" properties are set to various queries. The problem is that when I open the form in Form view initally all of the subforms (which aren't all visible at the same time but if made visible with the appropriate actions) are blank. Things get weird when I switch to design view, then back to form view the data that was supposed to be in the sub forms appears as it should.
I have subform#.Requery lines and I've been trying to figure out what is wrong with no luck
Also this might help, if I try to change a property of any of the subforms say the BackColor of the Detail section I get an error "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist"