Access 2003: DoCmd.OpenForm is not working for me
I know I'm missing something because it generates the following error: "Compile Error: Expected Expression"
For reference, When the button is clicked, a box appears where the user has to input a uniqe Tracking ID. If the Tracking ID does not match any in the background table, it returns an error message.
If it is correct, a dialog box opens for the Tracking ID with pertinent data. The Tracking ID's are always going to be numerical. Here's thefull code (hopefully...
Thank you for taking the time to report an issue.
What's wrong... Please write below.
That all works fine but the OpenForm is failing me! I CAN run the code as follows:
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmClients", , qry1
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, 8, TblNm, FileN, True, "A1:S65536"
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, 10, TblNm, FileN, True, "A1:S65536"
It does not work I have the Microsoft Excel 14.0 object library selected in the references. I know using of '10' is not working because I am still using MS Access 2003.
Is there any way I can import the 2010 format excel spreadsheet to Access 2003?
Is there any way in which any of these parameters/values can be accessed from within a form as, for example, either a form or application property or parameter when the form is either being opened or loaded?
DoCmd.OpenForm "Form2", , , [ID] = Forms![Form1]![ID]
However, when I do this, Form2 opens to ID + 1.
What I would like to do is on a Form_Close event return a variable to the Report_Open event which will cancel the creation of the report.
Private Sub Command31_Enter()
If Me.valita = "abc123" Then
but after login success entered password the login form remain open. DoCmd.Close acForm, "login"
Everything was working fine in access 2007 and 2010, when I converted it in access 2007 to access 2003 format when I open my form it keeps asking for a parameter, which is point to the textbox that the query criteria is based on.
I am supposed to implement this on our computers at work tomorrow, but I've got to get it working in access 2003 format.
The 2007/2010 and the 2003 access files. A professional could probably look over it in 5-10 min and be able to tell me what is wrong.
DoCmd.OpenReport strReportName, acViewPreview, , strSQL
the report opens fine, but no longer filters like it used to. (In my case I am filtering dates, using the # characters.)
for no apparent reason, every time I run it I get the following error: "Run-time error '3011' The Microsoft Office Access engine could not find the object 'CurrentDeptList'. Make sure the object exists . . ."
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "CurrentDeptList", ExcelDirPath & "\" & "CusNameDeptChng.xls"
Here's what I've tried:
1) I ran it from 5 different backup copies - Same result!
2) I've completely re-installed Access 2007 and MS Office 2003.
Not only won't this work, but now I can't get any DoCmd.Transfer methods working.
3) I added 5 more Microsoft References in. I also copied my database to another PC with Access 2007 and got the - Same result!
4) I opened a blank database and imported ALL the objects from my DB into it - Same result!