Universal settings for V-Ray interior rendering
In this tutorial, we will look into the one of the fundamental and, probably, the most controversial and frequently raised subjects in the 3d rendering. It is the rendering engine setup. We will setup the V-Ray renderer for 3ds Max.
What are the best universal settings for V-Ray interior rendering?
How to setup Vray for good exterior renderings?
What is the optimal settings combination for quality V-Ray product visualization?
How to make the basic start AA settings setup for Vray render?
Thank you for taking the time to report an issue.
What's wrong... Please write below.
An advanced guide to the interior rendering of still images within Chaos Group Vray and Autodesk 3ds Max. Most will argue that there are no “universal settings” for Vray and I tend to agree. But there are steps you can take in order to get close to what you need for the majority of interior visualisation.
In this tutorial you will learn how to light and set up a realistic render with V-Ray 2.0 and 3ds Max 2011. We will also look at how to use IES lights, set lighting with V-Ray sun and V-Ray sky, use the V-Ray physical camera, and set up your render.
This video tutorial is created in 3ds max by using Mental Ray. In this 12 minutes video tutorial (without sound) will explain you how to use Sunlight, Skylight in the daylight interior scene and render through mental ray. After rendering in 3ds max color correction in Photoshop. In the end of the tutorial will give you some notes which will help you in achieving realistic results in future projects. Overall, this is very informative tutorial which will explain you everything without a sound.
Hello, all V-Ray users!
This tutorial answers the following questions:
- What is adoptability of V-Ray and what are its advantages?
- What is the V-Ray DMC Sampler?
- How does the DMC Sampler work?
- What is the actual number of samples for blurry effects calculation in V-Ray?
- How to setup DMC Sampler?
- What is the difference between the noise threshold and adaptive amount parameters?
- What effects are influenced by global subdivs multiplier?
- How to control the quality of rendering in V-Ray?
- How to speed up V-Ray rendering?
- How to setup V-Ray draft render?
This tutorial answers the following questions:
- How to avoid the 3ds Max crash when it is not enough RAM?
- What should I do when V-ray turning off during rendering?
- How to deal the RAM lack in V-Ray?
- How to render the scene with many milloins of polygons?
- How to make computer work faster during rendering?
- What is raycasting and how V-Ray accelerates its work?
- What is BSP tree and how does its structure look like in V-Ray?
- What is the difference between Static Raycaster and Dynamic Raycaster?
- When does V-Ray use paging or swapping?
- How to switch V-Ray for working with dynamic raycaster?
- What are the Vray buckets?
- Why do we need the VRay rendering logs?
- How to change the V-Ray rendering process priority?
- What should I do if V-Ray crashes during the Light Cache calculation?
- How to calculate the best amount for Dynamic Memory Limit?
Hello! We are pleased to share with you a new portion of 3d stuff. Continuing the theme of the correct configuration of V-Ray renderer, in this and the following three tutorials, we look into the second important part of V-Ray settings, the Indirect illumination.
To understand the setups of indirect illumination in V-Ray and any other render engine it is worth to find out what is indirect illumination, and why it is important to photo-realistic rendering.
Our recent Stunning Interiors roundup got a lot of people talking about interior rendering tutorials, and today we're happy to bring in Flavius Cristea to discuss his process when creating stunning interior renders using 3Ds Max. From the modeling, through material creation to the final rendering process, this 2-day tutorial is a great insight into the art of Arch-Vis Interiors.
In this beginner's 3ds Max tutorial we're going to illuminate a simple warehouse interior. We'll explore techniques to illuminate the interior through windows only. To keep things simple we'll concentrate on lights that work with Final Gather and leave Global Illumination out of the discussion.
For most of my rendering work, I use 3ds max 8 and V-Ray 1.5. Although Mental Ray, Brazil, and finalRender all support rendering with HDRIs, I have found V-Ray to be the most intuitive and manageable. However, I will be writing tutorials in the future regarding the use of HDRIs with all the major rendering engines.
Many of the 3d-artists at least once faced the need or desire to make the wireframe rendering. And they asked questions like: How to render wireframe in V-Ray or Mental Ray? How to perform the isoline render? How to make a shaded mesh rendering? How make a post production to a wireframe rendering? These are the questions this tutorial will answer and will show the easy and usable ways of creating model's mesh renderings.