How to Add or Remove the Desktop Toolbar on Taskbar
Thank you for taking the time to report an issue.
What's wrong... Please write below.
Sometimes Windows 7 resizes the taskbar (makes it narrower) even though I have locked the taskbar.
I think one of the times Windows 7 does this is when I change window settings under "Personalize". I do not want Windows 7 to reset the width of my taskbar. I am getting sick of resetting it.
1. Create one empty folder on desktop or in my documents folder (name is as NTB)
2. If you have locked your taskbar then unlock it by right clicking on taskbar and selecting “lock the taskbar”
3. Right click on taskbar & select new toolbar option from toolbar sub-menu & select empty folder NTB created in step 1.
4. Now right click on the new toolbar and uncheck Show Text and Show Title.
5. Next drag it (dotted seperator) to the left side, between the start orb and taskbar icons and release it.
6. Center align the taskbar icons by dragging dotted separator present near taskbar icon and start orb towards right of new toolbar separator & Lock the taskbar.
My problem is now, I can't remove the icon from taskbar. Right mouse menu does not function. Is there a workaround to remove that icon? (e.g. registry key?)
Right now I have an analog clock sidebar gadget running, so I don't see the need to have to clock on the taskbar in this particular instance, but I don't see the option to remove the clock off the taskbar. Where do I change this setting?
Windows 7 will do documents, programs. I use folders most often and go from there. I am not interested in cluttering up my desktop or using explorer (it takes more steps to access the folder and defeats the purpose of the taskbar - one click). If this is not possible so be it but it would be efficient to have folders in my taskbar again.
Right click on the taskbar -> Toolbars -> New Toolbar and then give the site url's I wanted (it was just a label, text box and a button which launched the browser app with data fom Text Box). In WIN7 it says: Incorrect folder name.
Can anyone help me with getting that functionality back?
I got through many sites but all I can see is gloryfying windows new taskbar for being stiil able to display quick-launch toolbar (with tutorials on it!)