Folder refresh problem Windows 7 RTM
Steps to recreate
1. Create a folder, any folder
2. rename the folder, by adding a dot "." at the end of the folder
3. you will notice the folder is missing
4. hit refresh and the folder will appear again
5. note the dot "." does not get added, and by the rulz of file naming it shouldn't
What's wrong... Please write below.
Windows 7 does not refresh automatically the folder view (until I manually refresh by pressing F5) after the following file operations:
- Create/delete/rename/move files or folders
Windows 7 Professional final release, international English version. No upgrade, clean install.
It seems to me it's a delay in my case: if I wait for approximately 30 secs, the refresh is done automatically. There are shared folders on the volumes.
It looks like it may only be the shortcut icons though I am not sure of that yet
Problem 2 is when your use your cursor in the directory tree while exploring a hard drive prior to windows 7 as you move from folder to folder the other panel would update. No all I see is the first folder, the one I click on with the mouse when I started.
If I hit enter then it will update I prefered the old way when it change on the left it would update the right not needing to hit enter or click on it.
Can anyone explain to me what the advantage is or how to change the settings back to the good old, create folder and 'their you go' system.
1) I'm using an LCD monitor connected through DVI connector. As you may know, with that cable you are able to set only 59-60 Hz as refresh rate. Not a problem, all looks great and game uses 60 Hz, but every time I change my refresh rate to 60 Hz, this new value is applied but if I go again to that options, I see 59 Hz as refresh rate again.
In Vista, the OS kept 60 Hz setting.
2) Game folder doesn't remember settings like the right panel size. This happen when you run games for the first time and set another resolution than Windows is using.
3) I set Windows to use the best possible effects quality. Although mice shadow appear under the arrow, it disappear upon restart, even if the option is checked. You need to re-enable this.
I'm running the 32 bit version of Windows 7 and it's fully up to date in terms of patches. This issue only affects libraries. The issue started out of the blue a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't installed any new software or changed any settings and I also tried using System Restore to go back to a couple of days before this issue started, but it didn't resolve the problem.
This is an example of what happens: -
1. I go into my library called "Videos" and right-click and choose New - Folder.
2. I either press F5 or right-click - refresh and then I can see the new folder I created.
3. I give the new folder a name, for example "test". The folder shows the name "test".
4. I rename the folder to something else, for example "renamedtest". The folder still shows the name as "test".
5. I either press F5 or right-click - refresh and then the folder name changes to "renamedtest".
Basically, any time I create a folder, rename a file or folder, delete a file/folder, move a file/folder etc. I do not see the effects of my actions until after I've manually refreshed. This only affects libraries.
However, when I create a new folder, it gets assigned the default folder icon -- and I can find no way of refreshing this once I've added some content to the folder.
Here's a screencap of some of my music folders -- the highlighted one now has content in it, but I can't make it look like the folders around it:
In Windows XP, you could do this by right-clicking on the icon and choosing "Refresh thumbnail" from the context menu. This is not an available option in Windows 7, at least that I can see.