Convert Access Database to Excel
Thank you for taking the time to report an issue.
What's wrong... Please write below.
From within access how can I convert the linked table to a regular access table.
Microsoft shows how for access 2003 but not for 2002
The excel sheet has 92 headers on one row and that is all I'm trying to export to Access but I am unable to do it by importing external data from within access . the import fails . allheaders in excel are formated "text"
So I began grouping the headings first into sort of a related fields and the idea is to create a table base on the groupings and linked them together in Access (Relationship)
This is what I have come up so far Normalizing the headings.By the way it might be worth mentioning this. When I was looking at the Data on the Excel file. I have noticed that the Batch Number and Container columns have more Data on it. Meaning the Shipment on that day did not only contains more Batches of Item, but also has more Containers.
I am really hoping someone here can kindly help me putting this together.
To import forms, reports, or modules into Office Access 2007, you must first convert the database by using an earlier version of Access, open the database in Access 2007, and then convert the database into the Access 2007 database format.
The following sections in this article explain how to perform each of these tasks.
What do you want to do?
* Open an Access 2.0 database in Access 2007
* Import data from an Access 2.0 database
* Convert an Access 2.0 database by using Access 2003, Access 2002, or Access 2000
(1) When I convert each file to access it seems impossible to get rid of the root excel files. I guess that could be a blessing because it would be easy to modify through the root excel files. But I wonder if in the long run it might some way be a problem.
(2) I would like the primary key fields to be the plants names rather than numerical code and I wonder if that will work ok.
I tried to attach sample excel files to this note but my 2010 excel files were not accepted
I have linked an excel spreadsheet into my Access database. Almost all of the fields are available and can be read.
There are a few fields that I can see in Access, but its in Excel sheet. These fields were using a VLookUp function in excel to get the value from another excel worksheet.
Also the linked excel sheet has fields that I believe should be text (in Access), but its was set to be a number. I am unable to change this.
Is there a way to resolve this issue for me ?
I also assume that if I was to read each cell in the excel sheet and convert it into text files using VBA code, that should resolve the issue.
Can this be done