Access 2010 & Win7 .ldb File
Is there another way for me to look and see who all has a the databases open with my new setup
Thank you for taking the time to report an issue.
What's wrong... Please write below.
(eg ABC1234 - Admin)Is there a way to change this to show methe 'Username' or is this a Business IT thing that pulls from our IP address and isn't related to Access? I just use this as a guideof who I need to kick out if I do.(Apologies if this posts without paragraphs etc I don't know whats going on!)
Is there a way to unlock the file set in read only? I found this post but it did not work.
Is there a way I can see what is locking the database? I have a field in the only table the users access that captures the last person that made an update although even if I have that user log off it doesn't unlock the database.
I'm strapped on ideas, please help me before I jump out the window!. jk
If the file is open by another user, my machine apparently does not open it (Access does not show up in Task Manager) but it adds my machine name to the open LDB file!
I have already tried dis-associating MDB with Access, then shutting down, and then re-associating the MDB file types with Access. It did not solve the matter.
The file is in Access 2003: I just got a new system running Windows 7 and Office 2010 today. This same issue came up previously with a co-worker with her Windows XP-Pro machine suddenly stopped opening MDBs that someone else had open unless Access was started first.
I have checked many settings to include that it is shown as a split form, checked the record source setup on the property sheet, data tab, and all is set up the same but datasheet does not display on the WIN7 systems.
It seems as if this may be a bug with Access.
I am uncertain if it is a 32 bit verses 64 bit issue or if it may have something to do with screen resolutions or what. I have also read that the splitforms tend to be buggy in other posts.
Problem: Have mdb db with a form that contains Windows Media Player control used for playing wav files. Until recent upgrade to Win7/Access 2010 this worked fine. Now it doesn't: when I click the "play" button on the control it displays "Opening media." and then. nothing, it returns to "Ready".
The wav file to be displayed is set with this code: "player.URL = [directory] & "\" & [videofilename]", where player is set to the windowsmediaplayer control object. The original reference "Windows Media Player" (\windows\system32\wmp.dll) has not been changed.
I need to run weekly maintenace, with "Compact & Repair" but am denied, because it say the BE is locked.
I know there is a way to FORCE off the BE file, but can not find it in the MICKEY soft HOWTOs, so need some help on finding that.
I tried to delete the .ldb file for the BE but get the "file in use". I also tried changing from shared to exclusive for the db, but nothing is working
I am on Win7 64bit using Access 2010 64bit while the rest of the company uses Win7 32bit and Access 2007 32bit if that makes a difference.
Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to fix it
I created an .mde in Win7.64bit.sp1 ultimate OS running Access.02.sp3. When this is placed on the PC running xpWin.sp3.prof with Access.02 or Access.03, it reports that it failed due to Automation issues.
This .mde has no problem running in Win7.
.mde created from the same .mdb in WinXp.sp3 running Access.02.sp3 runs fine on all OS platform with access from 02 to 2010.runtime
The error is: "the expression on click you entered as the event.".
I have 2 stations running Win7/Office 2010. One doesn't even have Access 2010 installed, but still something has changed as one menu from the app will give the error described/attached. Uninstalling Office 2010 does not solve anything.
The database is fine, it works from all other stations.
I don't have the code, just the compiled mde.